Monday, February 6, 2012

Dell XPS15z review

Ok so I bought Dell XPS 15z for RM3,999. What can I say about the laptop........................ definitely good, but not for gamers. The reason is simple, although it boasts 8GB RAM of space and 1.5GB Graphics card, it doesn't run properly. For instance, I ran half-life cs1.6 on this computer and the fps doesn't stick to a 100. It drops as you play the game, I thought it wud be really smooth but it wasn't. If there's smoke grenade, you're gonna lag even more. At least it would run in COD 4 but the fps is okay I would say but not when there's a smoke grenade. So are smoke grenades causing this problems? No way! They're a very crucial part of the games, that's why it's been implemented into fps games for quite some time now. I had a Toshiba once(2005) 512MB Graphics card and 1GB RAM and it runs cs smoothly. I can't really believe that a 1.5gb graphics card would run an old game slower than a 512MB graphics card. It's a little weird eh? I wouldn't recommend you to buy this Laptop if you're into gaming, please search for better laptops. I had experience with Toshiba and it was really fantastic so maybe you should try that. Also, you can try other brands such as Alienware, MSI, Acer but I don't know if it's good or not. If you're planning to buy a good decent laptop that can run games smoothly in the future, please do not pick anything just because they show you good specifications. Instead, ask the people who have experience on these laptops so you would get a better understanding of what you will get.

No comments: